A Private, non-union, underground utility contractor located in Baltimore, Maryland serving gas and electric utilities in the Baltimore-Washington area. The company operates with up to 10 fully equipped utility crews, requiring skilled and reliable employees. The company offers competitive wages and excellent employee benefits.
We are currently hiring pipemen, equipment operators, and fitter/fusers for our underground gas construction crews. Work involves climbing, lifting, shoveling and working in trenches and around live utilities. Equipment operation experience, air tool operating experience, truck driving skills, and BGE OQ all desired.
At least one year utility construction experience required.
Applicants must provide experience references and pass a pre-employment DOT/background investigation and drug screening.
Skill and Experience Preferences:
• Utility construction experience
• Gas construction experience / BGE OQ
• Valid driver’s license – must have personal transportation
• Pass E-Verify
• Satisfactory criminal history check and drug screening
• Excellent benefit package – Medical, Vision, Dental, ST Disability, Life Insurance
• Excellent Retirement Plan – Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Paid time off (PTO) /Paid holidays
• Weekly Payroll with direct deposit
• Lift, Stoop, kneel, crawl, climb, balance
• Sit and stand for long periods
• Reach by extending hand(s) and/or arm(s)
• Good hearing and vision
• Move safely over uneven terrain
• Lift and carry 50 LBs
Environmental Working Conditions:
• Field environment with hot or cold conditions, gaseous atmosphere, loud noise volume and moving machinery
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time